School Nurse/Health Educator
Office Hours 8:35am-3:25pm
Do you know the steps to proper hand washing?
Hand washing is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick and spreading illnesses to others. Many illnesses are spread by not washing hands properly with soap and water.
Steps to Proper Handwashing:
1. Use soap and warm, running water.
2. Make bubbles by rubbing hands together.
3. Scrub your hands, in between your fingers and under your fingernails for at least 20 seconds (sing the "Happy Birthday" song twice or the "ABC song" once).
4. Rinse hands with water and remove all soap.
5. Dry hands well with a clean towel - always throw paper towels in the trash after using.
6. Use your towel to turn off the sink.
Remember these important steps to stay healthy and avoid missing time from school, work and activities.